SharePoint List Lookup RRS feed

• Question

• So, I just started working in SharePoint and have been asked by our Logistics team if this could be done. To be honest, it seems like it should be possible, I just have no clue how. I've tried searching for solutions, and yielded little success.

Basically, we want to create a more effiecient materials ordering system using SharePoint. So, in the order form, under the column "Material Description" they want to start typing the material, which will yield results from a lookup list. Here's the tricky part (to me) - they want the drop down menu choices to get smaller as they type in more information AND they also want to be able to type in something that is not on the lookup list.

So, is this even possible out of the box?

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Adam

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:36 PM

Answers

• No certainly this is not possible out of the box , you have to do code customization for this.

Because the drop down menu size can not get smaller by oob feature in SharePoint

• Marked as answer by Moss_IT Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:05 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 7:42 PM

All replies

• No certainly this is not possible out of the box , you have to do code customization for this.

Because the drop down menu size can not get smaller by oob feature in SharePoint

• Marked as answer by Moss_IT Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:05 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Thank you very much for getting back to me. I had a feeling that was the case, but I appreciate hearing it directly from someone that is definitely more experienced than I am.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:00 PM