Emoji Add-In not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who can install and use the Emoji app in her web based email (Office 365). She gets "app error" in the Outlook (2013) on her desktop. She sees a red circle with an X in it where it should say "Apps for Office".

Would a repair on her Office help?

Thanks,
    Laura

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:14 PM

All replies

• Now, she is stating it doesn't work for her web-based email either.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:14 PM
  • Hi Laura,

Where did the user get the Emoji app? Did she install it from the Office add-in store?

I'm not sure whether a repair of Office will help, but it never hurts to have a try.

Besides, you may recommend the user to try reinstall the add-in to see whether it helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, April 16, 2018 9:36 AM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 16, 2018 9:36 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi Laura,

Any update here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 16, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Yes, she installed it from the Office Store. I was able to remote in last week and run a repair on her Office. I had her restart and test. It still is not working. We have had others in her office install this as well. It doesn't work for them as well. We thought it was our network and possibly our Sophos AV. Making changes in the AV did not help. I will have her uninstall and reinstall it as we haven't tried that yet.

It gives an "internet connection error".

She uses IE for her web email. 

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks,
    Laura

• Edited by alawoods Monday, April 16, 2018 3:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by alawoods Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:12 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by alawoods Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:12 PM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 3:42 PM
  • Thank you Laura for the update. 

So this issue happens with both Outlook desktop client side and OWA, this suggests that the issue is more likely with the add-in. You may also contact the support of Office Store or developer of the add-in to confirm whether there is anything wrong with the add-in.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:14 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Thank you. 
    Monday, April 23, 2018 3:58 PM
  • You're welcome :)

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:13 AM