none
AD MA not importing everything to connector space RRS feed

• Question

• I'm completely new to MIM 2016 so I've probably overlooked something. I've created a user in AD in a container called Sandbox, using a ruby script. Scripts that connect to AD can authenticate the user so it's all fine.

When I do a full import on the AD MA that manages the same AD that contains the user, the user is not imported. Lots of other users are not imported either. Searching the connector space doesn't find them after a full import. All the objects that have been imported as also marked as Pending Import, which seems odd as they have been imported so can't be pending.

I would have expected all objects in AD to have been imported (as per the training I've been on). I understand filtering on syncing to restrict what goes into the metaverse but I was told MIM will import everything to the connector space. It doesn't in this case.

Would there be something I'm missing that would mean lots of users in various containers are not imported to the connector space?

thanks,

Alistair

Friday, January 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Answers

• Most probably you forgot to select OUs you want to import. On the AD MA properties, Cofigure Director Partitions page, "Containers" button (and select which OUs you want to have imported).

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

• Marked as answer by AlistairY Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:59 AM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 11:27 PM

All replies

• It turns out the AD MA is using a forest and the server it ultimately ends up using can't see all accounts.
    Friday, January 24, 2020 12:05 PM
  • Most probably you forgot to select OUs you want to import. On the AD MA properties, Cofigure Director Partitions page, "Containers" button (and select which OUs you want to have imported).

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

• Marked as answer by AlistairY Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:59 AM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 11:27 PM
  • Thanks for that. That was the solution, to manage the containers in that section of the MA
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:00 AM