Upload a professional recording as a Skype for Business Voicemail Greeting RRS feed

• Question

• Hell all

I am reading this article, among others as well, trying to find out how to upload a professional audio recording to a voicemail in skype for business, but I have not found a way to do so. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Ion Vlad Orascu,

According to my research, the article you have provided is talking about that you could change the language about voicemail greetings only.

Based on my test, you could try the following option:

In UM Dial Plan - UM auto attendants - greetings, you can set different greetings for business and non-business hours

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:04 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Hi lon,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 6, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Hi Alice

Sorry, I have been away for a few days.

I will try and reply back

Thank you

Monday, October 9, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Hi lon,

Ok, we will wait for your response.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, October 9, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hello Alice

I need to see why, but I do not have that.

The only place I have something similar is this

The greetings that I am referring to belong to a regular hunt group, not interactive. Does this matter?

Thank you

Monday, October 9, 2017 8:15 AM
  • Hi lon,

I use Exchange online E3 license, after you choose UM dial plan, you need to choose UM Auto Attendant:

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Edited by Alice-Wang Monday, October 9, 2017 9:02 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Hi lon,

I am checking the status of the issue, are there any update about this issue?

If my reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:50 AM
  • Hello Alice

I found it, but it still give me some headaches

I uploaded some sounds but they do no seem to take effect for the moment

I am trying to understand what am I missing

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Hi lon,

Thanks for your response.

Did you try to use .MP4 file, it that work?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hello Alice

Unfortunately  Error:The file couldn't be uploaded. It must be a wav or wma.

i am guessing that one setting of the auto attendant is wrong maybe ...

Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hi lon,

According your description, I noticed that you want to change a regular hunt group greeting to a professional audio recording. I’m sorry that the above configuration seems to be related to auto attendant and it may not take effect for hunt group.

Based on my research, in Exchange the other way to modify a customized greeting is for UM dial plans (Outlook Voice access user).

This dial plan welcome greeting is used when an Outlook Voice Access user or another caller calls an Outlook Voice Access number. If you want to customize this greeting, you can record the customized greeting and save it as a .wav file.

You may refer to the following steps in EAC: (the previous screenshot you mentioned)

a. In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM dial plans;b. Select the UM dial plan that you want to modify, and then click Edit;c. On the UM dial plan page, click Configure;d. In Outlook Voice Access, under Welcome greeting, click Change, and then click Browse to locate the greeting file.e. After you've located the file, click Open, and then click Save.

Here are some related links:

Voice mail greetings, announcements, menus, and prompts in Exchange Online:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn305962(v=exchg.150).aspx
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124125%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:09 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Thank you Alice

I will try

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:14 PM
  • Hi lon,

I am waiting for your response.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Ion,

After much gnashing of teeth, and being told directly by Microsoft Office 365’s help desk that this was not possible, I figured out a way to "upload" a custom voicemail greeting. I have upload in quotes because it is a bit of a work-around. But the technique I used works and is reproducible (if one has some patience). Ultimately, I really don't think there is a way to strictly upload an audio file into Skype for Business. But I was able to play my professionally recorded voicemail greeting audio files directly into SfB using a Virtual Audio Cable. There are probably better ways to do this but this is how I was able to make it work for my office.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Step 1: Download a program called Pamela for Skype. It is more for regular Skype and has a bunch a features I would not use, but it can install the Virtual Audio Cable needed and had a free version--it actually installs two virtual cables but only one is needed.<o:p></o:p>

Step 2: Set one of the Virtual Audio Cables as the Default Playback Device in Sounds.<o:p></o:p>

Step 3: Launch Skype for Business and set the audio settings to some speaker and the "Cable-B Input" as the microphone.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>Step 4: Have your audio file queued up and ready to play. When I double-clicked the file, I could not hear anything because the speaker was defaulting to the microphone. I just used the Windows Groove player to play my greetings into the Skype system.

Step 5: Click "Change Greetings" on the Skype interface. Click through the prompts to record your greeting. When you hear the tone to start talking, click "play" on the audio file player. You will not hear anything, so you have to watch the timer on the player. When the audio file finishes playing, click the #-key on Skype to stop the recording. It should play back your audio file. Click whatever button the system tells you to accept the recording and you should be good to go.

<o:p>Hope this helps.</o:p>

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Just wondering now we have the same problem with Teams do you still do a similar method?

SK

Sunday, November 3, 2019 1:10 PM