Don't hear my contact when calling with Communicator RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning

I set up enterprise voice on OCS R2 and I have a strange problem when using Communicator on outbound calls.

When I'm calling somebody:

- Communicator rings

- When the other persorn picks  up the call, Communicator stops ringing, the presence changes to red (occupate) but nothing happens : I don't hear my interlocutor. I have to make some noise in the handset to "activate" the conversation: After that, everything is OK, I hear my contact.

For example, I don't hear when he's saying "Yes, Leonardo speaking ;-)" and I have to blow on the handset to hear him. Sometimes, the voice is activated after several seconds (6-7).

When I use Wireshark on my mediation, I see the whole conversation is received by the mediation server. So I suppose problem occurs between Mediation, frontend server and communicator.

My LAN is OK, as my SIP provider. I worked on other OCS systems and I didn't see that problem before. My Frontend and my Mediation servers are up to date.

Is it a known issue? I searched on Google and this forum but I didn't find any answer.

Thanks

Hobbit

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

• That's typically a firewall problem on Mediation server. It opens up incoming UDP only after outgoing packets. Give it a try without firewall. If it's working then you should open incoming UDP for MediationServerSvc.exe process.
    Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007/2010 / OCS 2007 | ucblog.deutinger.de
    • Marked as answer by Hobbit-Kun Friday, January 14, 2011 8:37 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 8:05 PM

All replies

• That's typically a firewall problem on Mediation server. It opens up incoming UDP only after outgoing packets. Give it a try without firewall. If it's working then you should open incoming UDP for MediationServerSvc.exe process.
    Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007/2010 / OCS 2007 | ucblog.deutinger.de
    • Marked as answer by Hobbit-Kun Friday, January 14, 2011 8:37 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 8:05 PM
  • You may wish to check your voice activity detection on your gateway (should you be using one).
    John Weber [Lync MVP]
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Problem solved! It was the firewall on the mediation server ;)

Thanks again!

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:39 AM