Proclarity desktop acting very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I've installed ProClarity Desktop 6.3 with SP3 on Win XP with SP3. It is acting very slow. When we use any other OLAP client tool against the same cubes that we've built in SSAS 2005, they work very fast. 

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Any pointers as to what we can do. We've 100 lic of ProClarity and we'd like to use them but our users are getting frustrated with the slowness. Tools like Reports Builder 2.0 or higher or Tableau work super fast.

Thanks for your help in advance.

GBM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hello GBaksh,

Sorry to hear you're seeing a performance issue with ProClarity Pro.  One thing to try would be disabling the 'query check' in Pro..  File > Options > Browsing Experience tab > clear the check box for 'Check query result size before executing'.  Does the problem persist after clearing this check box?

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Hello Sean,

Thank you for suggesting that option. Unfortunately, that has not made any difference. I've narrowed the issue down to the following behavior:

When I've created a selection of certain attribute values (under My Items) that is when ProClarity is extremely slow. When ever I click or right click any item under My Items, it goes in thinking mode and comes back after a very long time.

Is that a normal behavior of ProClarity?

Thanks.
    GBM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:06 PM
  • When you right click on a cell ProClarity sends a number of discover statements to the cube.  If you're using a ProClarity side calculated measure in the view, or possibly a named set in ProClarity, the SSAS engine will send back an error that it cannot find that item in the cube.  Depending on your storage mode, SSAS may be taking a long period of time to respond to the request.  Are you using ROLAP storage in your cube?  What type of activity do you see in a profiler trace when the slowness occurs vs. when ProClarity is running ok?  My bet is that most likely some type of activity in SSAS is causing the delay.

Sean
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:48 PM