Sharing Calendar in Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the maximum number of users that I can share my outlook calendar with?

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

As per the information and details provided by you, to share the calendar in Outlook 2010: -

There is no purposeful limit on the number of delegates that you can assign to a mailbox. At some lower layer than the feature (the MAPI layer, the Name Service Provider Interface (NSPI) call used to add the send on behalf right, etc.), You will eventually hit some limit that will, prevents adding the nth delegates, but that no. is beyond the recommended practical limit.

The Outlook product team historically  has tested four (4) delegates as the recommended max. for a mailbox. This recommendation is based on the practical usability for the calendar than any performance or size limitations. More than 4 delegates, create complexity and this makes managing the calendar untenable.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Thanks and regards

Shweta@G 

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

Outlook does not limit the number of delegates that you can add or how many users you add to share Calendar. However, we recommend that you only grant Editor permissions to one (1) delegate.

If you are configure many delegates with Editor permissions, it is difficult to determine who make changes to the calendar items and why meeting are missing or out of date. To better use Calendar, we can give other users Reviewer or Contributor permission. For more information about the best practice when using Outlook Calendar, please refer to the Limit the number of delegates part in:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Best-practices-when-using-the-Outlook-Calendar-d93f72d3-2361-4e0d-8d6a-5c4939c17f39?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 4, 2014 12:09 PM