ADFS, Web Application Proxy, Work Folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to iron a bug out of my work folders setup.  I have it autodiscovering by e-mail address and working fine.  Except when outside the network it seems to prompt for password using forms authentication and stopping syncing saying password needed whether inside or outside network.  If inside network just clicking Manage Credentials on the Work Folders dialog logs it back in automatically and starts syncing perfectly until it fails again.  Is there a way to force it to use automatic authentication outside the network and to always automatically reauthenticate?  I don't want it to ever ask for password for work folders once setup.

I'm currently only using domain joined laptops (will later offer employees the option on home computers too).  Using Work Folders, ADFS, Web Application Proxy (for external publishing) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Servers (Latest updates).  Have also checked config against the TechNet blog setup for this scenario, all settings look the same. 

Hope someone can help as Work Folders would be a great asset for everyone if can get it working. 

Andrew

Saturday, February 6, 2016 8:37 PM

Answers