none
Registry Editor Problems ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Vista Home Premium operating on a Packard Bell IMEDIA X2416.  About 2-3 weeks ago I installed a wireless mouse. After a few days I realised it wasn't to my liking and plugged in the original mouse. Windows Defender reported that an unknown publisher wished to install a driver and I assumed this was linked to the old mouse and permitted the action. This event occurred every time I logged in. Eventually I became worried as to what was actually happening and asked that the action be denied. My mouse continues to work but I have lost all sound. So I cannot listen to on-line music/videos and even the standard sounds made when certain events occur are no longer audible.

The Device Manager shows all drivers are working and I have updated all drivers as a precaution but in every case the message appeared that the latest driver was already installed. I have attempted a System Restore using several dates before I installed the wireless mouse but a message has appeared on every occasion to say the Restore was not successful. Any help, guidance or suggestions as to how I can get my PC sound working again would be greatly appreciated

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• System restore would be your best bet. Try i again, to restore to a date before you started using the wireless mouse,when it comes up"unsuccessful", instead of running system restore again immediately, choose to undo the previous restore operation, the try another date agin.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, March 18, 2011 7:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vinginge Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:23 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Vinginge Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:26 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:21 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please tell us why you mention the registry Editor error? What is exactly the error message received?

Please go to device manager and uninstall the audio driver and restart.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, March 18, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vinginge Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:23 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Apologies for the delay but had a short break and then a tragic family bereavement so my mind has been on other matters.

Tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't work but many thanks for the suggestion.

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Apologies for the delay but had a short break and then a tragic family bereavement so my mind has been on other matters.

Followed your instructions but unfortunately it has not solved the problem.

Forgot to mention this in my original submission but there was a notification when I looked at the registry entries that said something along the lines of, "Information is incomplete nor damaged (Code 19)." However, this is no longer present.

Monday, March 28, 2011 10:27 PM