none
When writing 12 days in my project-planning à Main-planning becomes not red RRS feed

• Question

• Question: How can this be explained?

When writing 12 days in my project-planning à Main-planning becomes  not red (capacityproblem)

When writing 13 days  à Mainplanning becomes  red (capacity-problem)

Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:10 AM

All replies

• Please explain it further.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Look at the schedule - when extending the task duration to 13 days does it overlap with another task that has the same resource assigned?

If you are using the Project Professional version - look at the Team Planner view - it will show you the tasks assigned to each resource and you can easily view the overallocation (red icon in the task view.)

Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:44 PM
  • I'm going to make a guess that à Main translates to Manually scheduled for tasks. To guess a little further, you have two tasks with the same assigned resource(s) and manually entered start dates that happen to be 12 work days apart. The later task has a duration greater than 0. When you enter a duration for the earlier task, 12 days is OK because the tasks do not overlap. As Julie points out, 13 days is not because the end of the earlier task overlaps the beginning of the later task. Graham
    Friday, January 4, 2013 6:43 PM