register new package with Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V on RD servers where users run sequenced Office 2010 packages.

Now I run into a situation where I need to deploy completely new Office 2010 package. Of course it comes with new GUID and new version.

I tried to register it with new PACKAGEGUID and PACKAGEVERSION, without completely reinstalling Deployment Kit, but it did not work.

I used command line:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDDEFAULT=Click2runOneNoteProxy,Click2runOutlookProxies,Click2runWDSProxy,Click2runOWSSuppProxies PACKAGEGUID={ED9EFDCB-6168-4713-A38B-A2E4DB27FFFF} PACKAGEVERSION=14.0.4756.10002 OUTLOOKNAME="Microsoft Outlook 2010" ONENOTENAME="Microsoft OneNote 2010" MAPISERVER="Microsoft Virtual Office Simple Mapi Proxy Server" VIRTUALSEARCHHOST="Search MAPI Protocol Handler Host" MLCFG32CPL="Windows Control Panel" OWSSUPPServer="Microsoft SharePoint Client Support Manager"

The command completes fine, but at runtime Sharepoint integration does not work - it looks for previous version of the package that was registered first time.

Is there a way to register new packages without completely reinstalling Deployment Kit? Because each reinstall requires Office reactivation.

Also, is it possible to run multiple packages of Office 2010 (Pro Plus, Standard, etc) on the same server and register them all with their GUIDS and versions in single Deployment Kit instance?

Friday, October 15, 2010 6:57 AM

Answers

• I figured it out, new package GUID can be registered by adding parameters:

REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=amus

to the above commandline.

Now to find a way to register multiple GUIDS..

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:50 AM

All replies

• I figured it out, new package GUID can be registered by adding parameters:

REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=amus

to the above commandline.

Now to find a way to register multiple GUIDS..

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:50 AM
  • Did you ever find a way to the multiple guids?
    Matt Summer
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:47 AM