none
Forcing outboud smtp to a created public ip. RRS feed

• Question

• how can i force my internal clients to route their smtp to a certain public ip that i created.

before i was using a public ip given by the isp which also made as our internal gateway. meaning all http and smtp clients are using it, because of that almost everyday i am being blocked by spamhouse.org.

122.54.214.202 is our current internet gateway and smtp

122.54.214.203 (created public ip)

how can route all my smtp to use .203 instead of .202?

i tried configuring it on my sonicwall but my mails bounced back specifying that our clients still is using 122.54.214.202 how can i force them to use .203?

Please help ... i really am on this problem for a long time and still our outgoing mails bounce back.  

our incoming mails are working.... using my created ip .203

ramon

Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:51 PM

Answers

• If Exchange behind a NAT device (i.e. it's using a non-routable IP address) then you have the NAT device misconfigured. Fix the problem on that firewall.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:03 AM

All replies

• Are these internal clients on your internal network?  Why don't you just have them relay through your Exchange server instead of an external IP address?

Jim McBee - MVP, MCT, MCSE Using Exchange since the v4.0 beta in 1995 - Blog http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:06 AM
  • all of my internal clients in my internal network are connected to my exchange in my internal network. we have sonicwall firewall it has public ip that is 122.54.212.202... now i created in the sonicwall another public ip it is 122.54.212.203

although i have policies that all lan connections including the exchange server will have to use the ip that i created .203 but when i click send mails bounce back and shows that my message is using .202

ramon 

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:48 AM
  • all of my internal clients in my internal network are connected to my exchange in my internal network. we have sonicwall firewall it has public ip that is 122.54.212.202... now i created in the sonicwall another public ip it is 122.54.212.203

although i have policies that all lan connections including the exchange server will have to use the ip that i created .203 but when i click send mails bounce back and shows that my message is using .202

ramon 

Friday, July 26, 2013 7:56 AM
  • If Exchange behind a NAT device (i.e. it's using a non-routable IP address) then you have the NAT device misconfigured. Fix the problem on that firewall.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:03 AM
  • how will i do that?

I asked sonicwall experts they say that there is no way that i cant make my smtp go out of a created public ip... i can use only the interface public ip which is the 122.54.214.202.... therefore i cant make use of the .203 as my output when i send smtp. 

my question is do all companies doesnt not have the privelege to create a custom ip wherein they want their mails to go out? sonicwall technician told me that created public ips can only be used in incoming messages but outgoing no. is it industry standard? is it really whats happening in all companies?

help me plssss.....

ramon

Monday, July 29, 2013 12:21 AM
  • If your firewall is capable of managing only a single Internet-facing IP address then you'll need a more capable firewall.

If the firewall can handle multiple inbound addresses but only one outbound address, why not change the outbound address to the .203 IP address?

An alternative is to put your Exchange server directly on the Internet -- not something I'd recommend.

Monday, July 29, 2013 2:34 AM