Lync Response Group Managers RRS feed

• Question

• In OCS, the hunt groups had a field where you could an managers, those that could make changes to a RGS group. How do you do that in Lync? There is no field for that.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:34 PM

Answers

• You are correct.  There isn't a way to limit it to a single response group anymore.  You can scope RBAC based on Lync Site and OU (OU doesn't apply to RGS) but that isn't going to be as granular as you want.  I know Microsoft has heard this complaint several times and I wouldn't be shocked if things changed in the future but currently it's not there.

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM

• Marked as answer by okydoky Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:52 PM

All replies

• Lync doesn't have the OCS Response Group Manager feature that OCS had.  They do have a Response Group RBAC role (CsResponseGroupAdministrator) but this might not be what you are looking for.  What functionality are you looking for in particular?  The ability to modify the users in a group?

Thanks,

Richard

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. I need to be able to allow specific individuals the ability to change information, such as where a number is forwarded to after buisness hours, for specific groups. This is useful for after hours ON Call rotation. I understand the Cs role, but if you put a person into that group you give him permissions to change any group which doesn't seem like a very good idea. Am I wrong on this issue?
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:55 PM
  • You are correct.  There isn't a way to limit it to a single response group anymore.  You can scope RBAC based on Lync Site and OU (OU doesn't apply to RGS) but that isn't going to be as granular as you want.  I know Microsoft has heard this complaint several times and I wouldn't be shocked if things changed in the future but currently it's not there.

Richard

• Marked as answer by okydoky Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:52 PM