Win 3.1 Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a Windows 3.1 virtual machine under Windows 7, in order to upgrade some old files and documents. The problem is that I only have upgrade disks for DOS 6 and 6.22, which will not install, as I don't have a previous MS version on the virtual machine. Is there a full install version of these old DOS versions available on TechNet?

I have already tried installing Win 3.1 on top of FreeDOS, in a virtual machine. Win 3.1 refuses to run on top of a non-MS operating system.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:24 PM

Answers

• If you have a TechNet Subscription, MS-DOS 6.22 is available from the TechNet Subscriber download site (under 'Operating Systems').

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, November 19, 2010 1:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:25 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 3:10 AM

All replies

• If you have a TechNet Subscription, MS-DOS 6.22 is available from the TechNet Subscriber download site (under 'Operating Systems').

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, November 19, 2010 1:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:25 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

Carey Frisch is right.

If you need more help, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 1:59 AM