none
Customizing ADFS 3.0 login page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm using Certificate Authentication (smart card) for my ADFS 3.0 login. I'm trying to make a custom login page so that if the user doesn't have a smart card, he/she can click a link and fill out a form to request one. Because 3.0 does not rely on IIS, I'm not sure how to customize the page. Any idea?

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:32 AM

All replies

• You will not be able to host a page on the ADFS server itself.

Ultimately, it is possible to create a JavaScript that will add a HTML form but that is a lot of work. Don't you have such website already? If yes, then publish it with WAP, if not, then create one add just add a link in the login page using the regular WebTheme customization and make it point to this website.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:39 PM
    Owner
  • Yes, I'd like to add the link that points to the request form (can be a separate website), but here's the challenge: when I enable Certificate AuthN (with no other authentication types selected), ADFS automatically launches the popup box for my PIN. And when I hit cancel, it gives the "authentication failed" error. I don't want ADFS to bring up the popup automatically. Instead, on the login page, I want to create two links like this:

- Click here to login with your smart card
    - If you don't have a smart card, click here to request one

Can the regular WebTheme be used to achieve this? What's the best way to implement this?

• Edited by iSunshine2 Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:23 PM