need help f8 format RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I've had some malware problems with my PC, and to deal with it I've decided that I am going to format.
    I turn on my PC, and press F8 for advanced boot options.
    Select Repair my PC.
    It loads a bit, then I encounter a problem on startup I get to the logon screen and all it shows is "other user" with the username/pass fields blank.
    this is my personal computer and has only one user account. Mine, which is the administrator.
    The problem is, that when I enter the information for this account, which is the only one on my PC, It says that it is not recognized or cannot be contacted.
    If anyone has experienced similar problems, or if this is NOT referring to a user account but something else instead, I would greatly appreciate some help from you. Thanks!
    Monday, March 3, 2014 10:02 PM

All replies

• "I am going to format."If you want reinstall your computer, use installation media and remove partition during installation process.

For laptop/notebook read guide to get know how to recover from recovery partition with function key.

HTH

Milos

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:46 PM
  • I used the function key (if the key is f8) but when it get to "repair my pc" then it goes to "Other User" log on page and no password/user name I have ever used will work. I need a way to start up recovery without using the f8 or the installation cd's (which I Don't have). I do Thank You for your reply.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:15 AM