none
In environment 2 DC server in Failover clustering ( sqlserver2016(sp2) Enterprises edition) and 1DR server standalone sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition RRS feed

• Question

• hi

In environment  2 DC server in  Failover clustering ( sqlserver2016(sp2) Enterprises edition)  and 1DR server standalone sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition, I want to mirroring in DC - DR .Is it possible to mirroring??

ajitkumar

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi ajit kumar1991, 

The principal and mirror server instances must be running on the same version and  edition of SQL Server.  Please refer to the requirements of database mirroring.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:00 AM
  • hi Cathy,

Can we do mirroring in sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition (DR clustering Active/ Passive)  between sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition  (Stand alone) DR server.

Domain name is same both servers??

ajitkumar

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:37 AM
  • hi Cathy,

Can we do mirroring in sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition (DR clustering Active/ Passive)  between sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition  (Stand alone) DR server.

Domain name is same both servers??

ajitkumar

Yes you can provided version and edition of principal and mirror server are same.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, September 13, 2019 10:32 AM
  • hi cheers,

Could you please provide me document for  mirroring in sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition (DR clustering Active/ Passive)  between sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition  (Stand alone) DR server.

Ajit

ajitkumar

Friday, September 13, 2019 10:56 AM
  • hi cheers,

Could you please provide me document for  mirroring in sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition (DR clustering Active/ Passive)  between sqlserver2016(sp2) Standard edition  (Stand alone) DR server.

Ajit

ajitkumar

Hi,

Please check if below link could help you. DC-DR Replication

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:33 AM