How to edit User information list in sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to add data to sharepoint group and so that i need to add a lookup field so that when ever i add a user that look up field have to be populated, kindly let me know any solutions according to this.

Thanks

Razvi444

Monday, February 10, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Razvi444,

You can eidt userdisp.aspx page as the followings:

1. Open the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS
    2. Find the userdisp.aspx, then right-click it and select 'Edit with Microsoft SharePoint Designer'

Note that: Before editing the page, please make a backup for the file. And you need to open a site before editing the page with Sharepoint Designer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Razvi444,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to add a lookup field to SharePoint group, when you add a user into the group, you should select the value of lookup field. Is it right?

The User Information list is populated by the User Profile Properties defined in the User Profile Sevice Application in Central Administration. You can add a lookup field into a SharePoint group. Unfortunately, you are not able to select the value of the lookup when you add a user into the group. If the user is not in User Proflie Application, you can edit the user’s profile and select a value for the lookup value after adding users on the site. However , if your users are in User Profile Application, you are unable to eidt the user’s on the site.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:44 AM
  • Hi Wendy

Thanks for your useful information and whether it is possible to edit that userdisp.aspx through designer ?.

Razvi444

• Edited by Razvi444 Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:54 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Hi Razvi444,

You can eidt userdisp.aspx page as the followings:

1. Open the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS
    2. Find the userdisp.aspx, then right-click it and select 'Edit with Microsoft SharePoint Designer'

Note that: Before editing the page, please make a backup for the file. And you need to open a site before editing the page with Sharepoint Designer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:42 AM