I want to use a particular email address without needing to license it RRS feed

• Question

• I am the website designer for a company and we have set everyone in that organization up on Microsoft Exchange, but I need to maintain use of my webmaster@domain email without needing to be licensed as a user since I will use absolutely nothing else apart from that email to receive website related things.

How can I still use that email without having a user license assigned to it on 365?

Thanks

Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi

You could create a distribution list or/and add a contact and then add members to it to receive the email?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 5:17 PM
  • Hi 

You can create shared mailbox and use it without license.

Reference technet article for shared mailbox license 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a40fffe7-1233-431f-bb8c-094565af288b/shared-mailbox-license-clarification?forum=Exch2016Comp

Thursday, June 25, 2020 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 12:57 AM