Cannot find "Excel Services Application" in "Central Admin > Manage Service Applications"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I cannot see any Excel Services Application in my SharePoint 2013 SP1 > Central Admin > Manage Service Applications.

I can see a proxy - but what I am looking for is "Excel Services Application".

Any idea how to get it please?

Thanks so much.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:05 AM

Answers

• Hi ran,

Please confirm that you are using SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise Edition. Excel Services requires Enterprise Edition of SharePoint Server 2013.

Just to confirm go to your Central Administration > Upgrade and Migration > Check what it reads under current license type.

It should read "SharePoint Server with Enterprise Client Access License" for you to see Excel Services.

Please make sure if the Excel Calculation Services is running in CA > Application Management > Manage services on server.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Faizan ur Rehman Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by ran009 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:34 AM

All replies

• Make sure the farm is using an Enterprise and not Standard license. If you are running Enterprise licenses, run Install-SPFeature -AllExistingFeatures from the SharePoint Management Shell, then look again.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:26 AM
  • Hi ran,

Please confirm that you are using SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise Edition. Excel Services requires Enterprise Edition of SharePoint Server 2013.

Just to confirm go to your Central Administration > Upgrade and Migration > Check what it reads under current license type.

It should read "SharePoint Server with Enterprise Client Access License" for you to see Excel Services.

Please make sure if the Excel Calculation Services is running in CA > Application Management > Manage services on server.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Faizan ur Rehman Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by ran009 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:34 AM