LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer RRS feed

• Question

• Almost 4 years ago I bought this device and an HP Spectre laptop. Only today did I need to actually use the external DVD player, so I opened the box and plugged it in. BUT, it doesn't light up to show that it's powered and I push the Eject button uselessly and the door doesn't open. Can anyone help??? Thanks.
    Monday, July 20, 2020 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does DVD drive show up on the Device ManagerIt is possible that you have a loose cable. Cables are accidentally unplugged when a PC is moved from one location to another. Check your connections to see if all cables are connected

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details

Best regards,

Sylvia

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details

Best regard,

Sylvia

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:05 AM