none
Backing up Lotus Domino RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Please forgive me on my lack of knowledge on DPM 2010, but I'm in the search for a new backup solution for our organization.  We're currently an SCCM shop and we're looking at System Center Service Manager and Ops Manager.  Since we're starting to get more and more System Center products, I thought I'd check out DPM 2010.

The one thing I haven't been able to find out is if DPM 2010 has the ability to backup data in a Lotus Domino environment.  Does the DPM 2010 agent simply backup the files themselves, rather than using the transaction logging within Domino?  Or, does DPM 2010 not have the ability to backup Lotus Domino environments.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their advice and help.

Sean

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:32 PM

Answers

• DPM 2010 has no knowledge of Lotus Domino data sources, however if Lotus has the ability to backup up itself (dump the DB's to flat files) - then DPM can protect those files.

Microsoft ISV partner i365 (Seagate software company) has a product that plugs into DPM 2010 and provides the ability to backup 3rd party applications like Oracle & a host of other third party systems: http://www.i365.com/products/data-backup-software/microsoft-backup-recovery/index.html  - please see if that would help you.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:40 PM

All replies