none
Mirrored HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 servers for Hyper-V config on Windows 2016 Server Data Center on Meraki MS320-48 swithes

Question

• Looking to migrate an existing VmWare environment to MS Hyper-V using an existing EMC VNXe3150 SAN storage array that the current VMware environment is connects to, so assuming I can use this for the new Hyper-V environment. Purchased two HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 servers with 4 nics each to back each other up in some form of active/passive mode and want to configure Hyper-V 2016 host on these two windows server 2016 Data center OS that will connect to our two Meraki MS320-48 core switches. Assuming I would need to team 4 nics on each server and configure 4 ports on each switch to see the one virtual ip of the teamed nics on each server, that would be able to monitor the heartbeat of active server over the 2 switches and can fail over to passive server for DR and then back, once initial active server is back online, but I am completely new to Hyper-V and steps to create a redundant fail over environment. Hoping there was some KB or technical white paper that may walk through step by step.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:09 PM

All replies