Chart Colors RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I need to know if there is any way I could change the color scheme given to the chart data, or skip one of the colors. I can't find any way to do it from the Dashboard Designer, but is there a config file I could edit to do that? I need any solution that could get rid of the light grey color displayed for the fourth data item since it can hardly be seen on a white bg !!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:38 PM

Answers

• I don't think you can do that, as the code that sets the colors of the chart is not exposed through the SDK. We are looking at adding this ability in the next version, though...

Greg Bernhardt (MSFT)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:36 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, as far as I am aware these colors cannot be changed in v1 of the product.

As far as the available formatting options, open an Analytic Chart and select the Edit tab in the ribbon bar of the PPS Dashboard Designer. There are options for numeric and font formatting, report type and legend placement.

Alexis

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:13 PM
  •  

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I need to know if it could be possible using the SDK to create a new report type inheriting all the Analytics Charts functionality yet overriding its data series colors?

Thanks

Monday, December 3, 2007 10:45 AM
  • I don't think you can do that, as the code that sets the colors of the chart is not exposed through the SDK. We are looking at adding this ability in the next version, though...

Greg Bernhardt (MSFT)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:36 PM