none
IE8 for WIN8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a laptop installed the WIN8 system with IE10. Now I have problems when showing web projects to my customers.

I set the compatible mode for IE8 first, all my css and js worked well. But the other pop-mode windows didn't work. I have to set the compatible mode once. You know, it is not acceptable when showing a project to the customers. I'd like to find a way to set the IE compatible mode once,it works for the other pop-mode windows too.

Thank U so much!

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:43 AM

Answers

• You can use the emulation mode by pressing the F12 button in Internet Explorer.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

T.Kujala shares a good suggestion.

In addition, you can tweak your registry to force IE to open in IE 8 mode. Go to the following path in your registry (run Registry Editor with the command regedit.exe from the Start Menu's Run command)

Look for: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Then:
    1.Right-click on or in the folder and select New, then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    2.Enter "iexplore.exe" (without quotes) for the Name and press Enter.
    3.Double-click on the key (or press Enter). The Edit dialog opens.
    4.Ensure the Base is set as Decimal.
    5.Enter "8888" (without quotes) and click the OK button. Close Registry Editor.
    6.Close all Internet Explorer windows.

IE will open by default as IE 8 mode.

You may see also Internet Feature Controls (B..C) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730(v=vs.85).aspx to understand these codes.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:14 AM

All replies

• You can use the emulation mode by pressing the F12 button in Internet Explorer.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

T.Kujala shares a good suggestion.

In addition, you can tweak your registry to force IE to open in IE 8 mode. Go to the following path in your registry (run Registry Editor with the command regedit.exe from the Start Menu's Run command)

Look for: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

Then:
    1.Right-click on or in the folder and select New, then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    2.Enter "iexplore.exe" (without quotes) for the Name and press Enter.
    3.Double-click on the key (or press Enter). The Edit dialog opens.
    4.Ensure the Base is set as Decimal.
    5.Enter "8888" (without quotes) and click the OK button. Close Registry Editor.
    6.Close all Internet Explorer windows.

IE will open by default as IE 8 mode.

You may see also Internet Feature Controls (B..C) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730(v=vs.85).aspx to understand these codes.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:14 AM