Trunk VM network RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

I have a server and it have windows server 2016 

I want to create a VM network for my kerio server and i use from it command in powershell

for trunking vm Network 

Set-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -VMName Redmond -Trunk -AllowedVlanIdList 1-100 -NativeVlanId 10

unfortunately my server kerio don't work rot vlan.

can you help me?

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Sabtx12,

Base on my understanding, the issue you are experiencing is would like to set VM trunk mode. With VM trunk mode, the VM can send or receive traffic on any VLAN in the allowed list 1-100, and if there is no VLAN specified in the packet, the packet is treated as if it is from VLAN 10. If there’s any misunderstanding, please feel free to feedback. 

Below are some further questions I would like to confirm with you:

1. Is your kerio server a VM? 

2. If yes, what is the virtual switch it connected to, external virtual switch or internal virtual switch? Which VLAN do you want the VM to connect to, VMs connected to the same virtual switch and with VLAN id from 1-100 or others?

3. Have you enabled the virtual LAN identification for the VM kerio and other VMs would like to communicate with the VM? Please provide related screenshot of the virtual network switch the Kerio Server connect to, for example:

4. As you say after setting, it doesn’t work, what is the result when we ping from the Kerio Server to other VM in another VLAN?

Thanks for your time! If you have concerns or questions, please feel free to feedback.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Hi, is there any update? Have you got a chance to confirm the information?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:15 AM