none
DPM2010 RTM Upgrade on secondary, Unable to create or modify any Primary protection groups. Error ID 32671 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a system where the Primary and Secondary DPM systemes where running the release candidate for DPM 2010. Bother were recently upgraded to the RTM edition and have had licences succesfully configured.

My issue is that the jobs created before the upgrade (Secondary DPM backing up Primary DPM resources) continue to run succesfully. However if we eaither try and modify an existing protection group, or create a new job as soon as the select the Primary DPM resource  I recieve the following error and not able to create or modify the jobs that are required.

"Access denied on the primary DPM server. (Server FQDN name) ID:32671"

Solutions provided by the system are:

1. to re-install agent.
    (This is the primary DPM and this task cannot be completed, it is running the correct version (3.0.7696) and  the jobs are being completed succesfully)

2. The DPM is being backed up by another DPM system.
    (There are no other DPM servers)

Any help will be greatly appricated. Regards Glenn

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To accomplish 1. re-install agent - preform the following.

On the secondary DPM server, under the management - agents tab, click on the "install" link on the right.  Select the top option "Install Agent" - then type in the name of the primary DPM server and continue.  This should succeed and re-establish proper permissions and hopefully overcome the problem.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:08 PM
  • Hi,

No protection needs to be destroyed - you can "install agent" to the primary DPM server again from the secondary without having to unprotect anything. 

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To accomplish 1. re-install agent - preform the following.

On the secondary DPM server, under the management - agents tab, click on the "install" link on the right.  Select the top option "Install Agent" - then type in the name of the primary DPM server and continue.  This should succeed and re-establish proper permissions and hopefully overcome the problem.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:08 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I was hoping that i did have to destroy the protection that I did have in place. However if that is the way it has to be then fair enough.

Thanks for your assitance, and the system is operational again.

Regards Glenn

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

No protection needs to be destroyed - you can "install agent" to the primary DPM server again from the secondary without having to unprotect anything. 

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:11 PM