Creating new contact for RGS Presence Watcher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to recreate only AD Contact object for RGS Presence Watcher service. It is located under CN=Service > CN=RTCService > CN=Application Contacts > CN= ......RTC Presence Watcher object ......

Can I delete this one manually using ADSI Edit and then re-create?

Monday, October 7, 2013 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please elaborate more about the issue?

The object was created during activation when you publish topology (Enable-CsTopology).

An application contact object will be created for the applications running on Lync Server application servers (Get-CsService –ApplicationServer will show the servers and applications). You can try to disable Enterprise Voice and publish the topology, then enable Enterprise Voice and re-publish the topology. The Enterprise Voice related services would be reinstalled during this process.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:43 AM
  • Hi Kent,

Deployment is Lync 2013 MHP. Tenants are unable to see presence of RGS PW even when added in their contact list. RGS PW is @primarydomain (default hoster domain) and tenant users have @tenantdomain sip addresses. I have enabled federation between tenant and default domain and now users of tenant and default (hoster) domain can see each others presence. But tenant users are still unable to see RGS PW presence which is why none of call routing methods, except Attendant,  is working.

I believe if I can set msRTCSIP-TenantID attribute on RGSPW contact, I will be able to make presence visible between these two domains.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:53 AM
  • Having the same issue.

Did you find a solution/workaround?

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Nops, working with MS Support on this. They say that this is untested scenario, seems to me like a bug. Will update here if I find any solution.

Workaround is to use Attendant routing method.

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:55 AM
  • I have just had to use your workaround, I have set up 2 response groups and couldn't work out why users were unable to receive a call but as soon as I made them attendant groups it worked.

I have created our RSG as per the Microsoft document so no idea why it only works as an attendant routing method but for now its working!

Friday, November 1, 2013 3:52 PM