none
Purge Old Users RRS feed

• Question

• Before my time here, my company had a Office 365 hybrid deployment. The Exchange server is long gone and I am looking to do a little house cleaning. There are two things I want to accomplish:

1: I don't know the password to the MSOL user name. If I reset it in AD does it break Dir Sync permanently? I've heard stories.

2: Set up the containers that Dirsync synchronizes with so that items outside that selected container are removed from the Office 365.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:26 PM

All replies

1. Generally when setting up the WAAD connector account a non-synchronised user is used (i.e. only exists in MSOL, and you log into the portal and set the password there).  I haven't seen it done any other way actually - thinking about it if you used a synchronised user account how would you set this the first time before any accounts exist in MSOL?  You should log a call with Microsoft and go through the process of proving ownership and getting them to reset it for you ... I just recently had Microsoft contact me for a lab O365 account password which they hoped I still knew to avoid just this process.
    2. Yes you will be able to select/deselect OUs in the source AD forest containers treeview the way you hope to - a subsequent sequence of syncs will achieve what you want:

AD MA: full import/full sync
    WAAD MA: full import/full sync
    WAAD MA: export
    WAAD MA: delta import/delta sync

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using FIM Event Broker for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

Monday, January 11, 2016 1:08 PM