One disk is in node pool, not cluster pool when enable-clusters2d is run RRS feed

• Question

• 4 Node cluster configured. Attempting to create disk pool, but in every attempt, only 7 of 8 2TB HDDs show up in the pool.  (All 4 SSDs show up every time)

These exact same drives were used for an earlier build and seemed to work well.  I have cleaned all drives using DiskPart.  I have swapped drives around between nodes, but I keep having one drive from Node 4 not show up when running Enable-ClusterS2D.

Any ideas on how/why this may be taking place?  Can I somehow manually add the missing disk to the primordial pool after Enable-ClusterS2D finishes running?  Might it be a good idea to just swap the sata ports that the missing disk is on?

PS:  the disk DOES show up BEFORE clusters2d

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Brikuz,

I'm afraid I could not find any official document about the issue.

Considering server 2016 is a preview version, some applications may not work properly. We could wait for the later updates and official documents.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Leo Han Friday, March 18, 2016 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:21 AM