Internet Explorer 10 - Cannot delete stored passwords and information RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Explorer 10 - Cannot delete stored passwords and information

I have a number of users on a network domain - I have recently installed new HP machines running Windows 7 64 bit with Internet Explorer 10.

The user profiles have remained the same.

The issue I'm facing is that when users log onto IE 10 - their passwords and information are automatically saved and populated into the page they last visited, eg, email.

I have applied all the normal checks:

Made sure save passwords is unticked.

Deleted passwords, cookies, forms etc.

Reset Internet Explorer Settings.

Navigated to the Users folder and deleted any cookies in the AppData folder.

Downgraded to IE 9 & IE 8.

Check Norton Internet Security to make sure the save passwords option is unticked.

Windows Credentials.

Checked the User Account Settings - couldn't see an option for clearing information on IE

Searched the Internet for an answer!

Unfortunately, none of this have reolved the issue. When I take the user off the domain and onto a workgroup, this issue is not present. It seems to me that the password information is saved in a location on the local machine associated with the user account.

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Kind regards,

Eo$

Saturday, April 6, 2013 3:53 PM

Answers

• Tools>Internet Options>Content tab, Autocomplete.

Web sites have to be programmed to allow IE to prompt to save username and password details.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, April 15, 2013 8:58 AM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:24 AM

All replies

• Tools>Internet Options>Content tab, Autocomplete.

Web sites have to be programmed to allow IE to prompt to save username and password details.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, April 15, 2013 8:58 AM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:24 AM
  • This answer is garbage. Try reading the users problem before answering. They can't get rid of previously saved passwords because IE on Win 7 doesn't provide an option to manage passwords. NOT an answer.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 5:17 PM