Word 2007 uploading error RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to upload a word doc to internet service sites, I incur error messages stating that its not a compatible format. The websites make the suggestion of compatible formats like .doc, .rtf, pdf, etc. and give a file size limit (of which my file is much smaller). I am attempting to upload in the following formats: .docx, .doc, .dot, .rtf, etc. I am also trying to make it compatible to word 97-2003 document, macro-enabled, etc. to no avail. What is causing this? What can I change in saving the document to make it compatible?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hello Cheetah,

Thank you for posting!

As this forum is for Windows Vista hardware issues, for this question, you may refer to Office discussion group for general questions:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&lang=en&cr=US

However, to more efficiently resolve your issue, please firstly report this issue to the service provider. Because this error message is possibly given by the Internet service itself rather than Windows or Office side. If it is confirmed to be an message from Office side, please then use the discussion group above.

If I misunderstood your concern, or I can help you more from Windows side, please let me know. I’m happy to be of further assistance.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:16 AM