none
how to import .cab export from SCM 3.0 into AGPM?

Question

• Hi,

I am using the Security compliance manager 3.0 to create Microsoft Baseline for Internet Explorer. I exported the completed baseline configuration to .CAB file via SCM by clicking the SCM (.cab) option.

When trying to import this .cab file to AGPM, get error

How can I import .cab into AGPM?

please shed some lights.

thank you

Best Regards,

• Edited by BlueBerries Monday, August 01, 2016 5:14 AM
    Monday, August 01, 2016 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please check the below steps and verify if you have missed any of them:

1. From SCM on a Windows Server system logged in as domain admin, select the custom baseline policy to be exported.

2. In the task pane, click on the Export/GPO Backup (folder) link.

3. In the "Browse for Folder" window, I select the path: C:\gpobackup, click "OK".

4. Windows Explorer window pops up showing the resulting folder with a long GUID name.

5. Copy the gpobackup folder to the C: volume on a Windows system logged in as domain admin.

6. Open the newly copied folder in Windows Explorer and verify that the exported GUID folder is present.

7. On the Windows system, in the GPMC, I right-click on the Group Policy Objects node and select "New".

8. Assign the new policy name as "blankpolicy", Source Starter GPO: none.

9. Then right-click on the newly created policy "blankpolicy", and select "Import Settings..."

10. Click "Next" in the "Import Settings Wizard" window.

11. Click on "Next" again since we don't need to backup this new blank policy.

12 Click on the Browse button to select the backup folder to import from located at C:\gpobackup.

13. The next part of the wizard prompts to select the GPO from which you want to import settings.

14. Backed up GPOs:  blank, no entries, no policies to choose for settings import.

Some related articles for your reference:

Importing and Exporting with AGPM

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/grouppolicy/2010/06/11/importing-and-exporting-with-agpm/

AGPM Operations (under the hood part 4: import and export)

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2011/04/26/agpm-operations-under-the-hood-part-4-import-and-export/

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 01, 2016 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please check the below steps and verify if you have missed any of them:

1. From SCM on a Windows Server system logged in as domain admin, select the custom baseline policy to be exported.

2. In the task pane, click on the Export/GPO Backup (folder) link.

3. In the "Browse for Folder" window, I select the path: C:\gpobackup, click "OK".

4. Windows Explorer window pops up showing the resulting folder with a long GUID name.

5. Copy the gpobackup folder to the C: volume on a Windows system logged in as domain admin.

6. Open the newly copied folder in Windows Explorer and verify that the exported GUID folder is present.

7. On the Windows system, in the GPMC, I right-click on the Group Policy Objects node and select "New".

8. Assign the new policy name as "blankpolicy", Source Starter GPO: none.

9. Then right-click on the newly created policy "blankpolicy", and select "Import Settings..."

10. Click "Next" in the "Import Settings Wizard" window.

11. Click on "Next" again since we don't need to backup this new blank policy.

12 Click on the Browse button to select the backup folder to import from located at C:\gpobackup.

13. The next part of the wizard prompts to select the GPO from which you want to import settings.

14. Backed up GPOs:  blank, no entries, no policies to choose for settings import.

Some related articles for your reference:

Importing and Exporting with AGPM

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/grouppolicy/2010/06/11/importing-and-exporting-with-agpm/

AGPM Operations (under the hood part 4: import and export)

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2011/04/26/agpm-operations-under-the-hood-part-4-import-and-export/

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 01, 2016 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thursday, August 04, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Hi Alvin,

The above steps does not seem like applicable in APGM?

In the "Import from ...." option within GPO (APGM) > can only import cab file.

But the exported GPO backup (folder) do not has any cab file within.

Please shed some lights on what type of file to be exported from SCM in order to import into GPO (APGM). or how to convert the GPO backup (folder) into cab file?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:21 AM