EventID Fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I used command "Get-MessageTrackingLog -server servername -EventId "fail" -Recipients imran.m@abc.com -Start 07/11/2017 -End 07/12/2017"

in return it provided 4 records. now i want to know that why server didnt sent these mails. please guide me how to check?

Regards

Sajid

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I used command "Get-MessageTrackingLog -server servername -EventId "fail" -Recipients imran.m@abc.com -Start 07/11/2017 -End 07/12/2017"

in return it provided 4 records. now i want to know that why server didnt sent these mails. please guide me how to check?

Regards

Sajid

Sajidami82,

Store the results into an object by doing the following:

$msgs = Get-MessageTrackingLog -Server [ServerName] -EventID Fail -Recipients imran.m@abc.com -Start 7/11/2017 -End 7/12/2017

Then you can review the data either one by one or all at once using:

$msgs | FL

Or:

$msgs[0] | FL

0 represent the index of the result you wish to look at, keep in mind with most programming languages indexes start at 0. So if you wish to look at the first item you would use 0, if you wish to look at the forth item you would use 3.

In the attributes you see when you pipe the returned object to FL (A.K.A. Format-List) you should see a clear definition of why the message wasn't delivered. Additionally you can ask the user for any NDR they may have received.

Very Respectfully,
    Dana Garcia - MCP (Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016)

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:14 AM
  • thank you for your suggestion. I have extract my requirement by just adding recipients status.
    Friday, July 14, 2017 11:16 AM