How to print gridlines of embedded Excel tables in Word 2007? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Excel tables embedded in my Word document.

Right now, they print gridlines*, but when I open them (regardless of whether I make any edits or not) they no longer print the gridlines.

I have done substantial editing on this tables before without this error.

1. Why is this happening?

2. How can I fix it?

Thanks!

*Note: Gridlines are different from borders, which are manually added.  Gridlines are naturally occuring.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:40 PM

All replies

• As a workaround, add borders to the Excel range.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  I had already done that for the ones that are acting screwy.  I am trying to figure out how to fix the problem, because that is very cumbersome to do, the way that I am formatting my spreadsheets.

Does anybody else have an idea about what the problem is and/or how to fix it?

poiuytrew
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Just to clarify, when you print spreadsheets from Excel, the gridlines print the way they should?

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

"poiuytrew" wrote in message news:f69a29a1-9ea0-42d3-ae93-dc4129c7f82c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Thank you for the suggestion.  I had already done that for the ones that are acting screwy.  I am trying to figure out how to fix the problem, because that is very cumbersome to do, the way that I am formatting my spreadsheets.

Does anybody else have an idea about what the problem is and/or how to fix it?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:59 PM