none
Microsoft Teams Disabled - Microsoft Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Microsoft Teams instance I set up using my Microsoft Account. This instance of teams is not backed by an Office 365 Business subscription or Azure Active Directory - it's just a plain free tier Microsoft Account.

In the last week, I now get this error: AADSTS7000112: Application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) is disabled.

There's nothing I can do about this, because I didn't disable it and I can't reenable it because it's a Microsoft Account.

Can this be fixed?

Andrew

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Did you try with other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE or Edge) or Teams client?

If it only happened with specific browser, you may try to clear the browser cache and check the result.

Here is a similar case you could have a look at:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Problem-to-start-Teams-in-the-browser/m-p/206767

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:47 AM
  • I am having the same issue.
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:22 PM
  • Hello,

The problem though really centers around the client cache. So clearing the cache is the first step to troubleshooting. The trouble is, the cache for Teams isn’t in one place or even a single directory. It’s split in multiple directories and even Internet Explorer and Chrome cache locations. So when support as you to clear the cache, there are something like 13 different places you need to go in order to clean the machine.

These locations are:

• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
    • %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
    • Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
    • Internet Explorer Cookies

Only after clearing these locations is it considered a clean start for the Teams app.

Thank you.

Regards

Santosh Patkar

• Proposed as answer by SPPatkar1994 Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:15 PM