domain users RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have read the section about using Steady State in a Domain environment, but I do not see any way to add a domain user.  Anyone know how I can do this?
    Monday, October 29, 2007 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Hitanykey2,

SteadyState only monitors local accounts, domain user accounts will not be detected.  

You can find the following suggestions in the section you mentioned.

“Please note that most of the settings and restrictions available in Windows SteadyState are also available through the Group Policy template (SCTSettings.adm) provided with Windows SteadyState. When considering the installation of Windows SteadyState on shared computers that are connected to a domain network, Group Policy is more effective than using Windows SteadyState for restricting multiple user accounts across numerous computers on a domain network.”

If Windows Disk Protection (WDP) will be disabled on the domain clients, I recommend deploying restrictions through group policy. You can also refer to the following thread to get more information about other restrictions in SteadyState.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2004193&SiteID=69

Best Regards,

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:53 AM