Domain User's profile Access issues. RRS feed

• Question

• Domain users within my office are not able to log into computers correctly. We have roaming profiles setup and stored on our file server. But when ever a user logs on they get a message of:   Windows cannot access \\profiles\userdata\%username%\desktop. And it loads a Temp user profile on the workstations instead. I've looked at everything i can think of. I'm out of ideas.  Systems are Server 2008 R2 file server and windows 7 workstations. 
    • Edited by ZX2fst Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:11 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please provided the whole error message user received with no modification.

Whether the \\profiles\userdata\%username%\desktop folder exists? Is it accessiable? Try to use a user account to access its folder and see if it could be accessed.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:19 AM

All replies

•  Check the ACL permissions on the users folders so that it reflects the settings in the links below. Very important is that the CREATOR OWNER (the user) has to have full control:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc737633(WS.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757013(WS.10).aspx

Hope it helps.

MCTS - Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:11 PM
  • I checked some of the profiles. and they all have the rights they need according to that link. So something else is broke or blocking them. 
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

Please provided the whole error message user received with no modification.

Whether the \\profiles\userdata\%username%\desktop folder exists? Is it accessiable? Try to use a user account to access its folder and see if it could be accessed.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:19 AM