Shim Works In Some Instances but not Others RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have built a shim for an application, Cerner CoPath, that works when Install it on test machines, physical or virtual, but eventually when I install it the application still prompts for elevation. The shim RunAsAdmin and RunAsInvoker properties. I can;t figure out why it works some times but not others. I'm not a devloper, just a tech, so I propbably don't have all the neccessary inforamtion. If I can add anything that would help please let me know. Thanks so much.
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:21 PM

Answers

• And building shims is not in the purview of an Application compatibility forum.

Windows 7 Application Compatibility

Use this forum to discuss application compatibility in Windows 7 and the Application Compatibility Toolkit. 

It sounds like you need to go to the Microsoft Development Network forums where you would be dealing with software engineers instead of end users:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 30, 2012 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:24 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:29 PM

All replies

• And building shims is not in the purview of an Application compatibility forum.

Windows 7 Application Compatibility

Use this forum to discuss application compatibility in Windows 7 and the Application Compatibility Toolkit. 

It sounds like you need to go to the Microsoft Development Network forums where you would be dealing with software engineers instead of end users:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 30, 2012 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:24 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:29 PM
  • Hi,

Since shims is the technic of development, you’d better contact our MSDN forum for further help. The forum link has provided by Rick Dee.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:24 AM