none
Recovery of single file from tape of a RCT backuped VM RRS feed

• Question

• I try to restore a single file from a tape backup few month ago. I imported the expired tapes and did a recatalog imported tapes.

When I go to Recovery->External DPM Tapes->Server->RCT\Servername I can only recover the whole server.

In newer recovery points I can douple klick on the server und browse to the file.

How can I recatalog the tapes to recover single files and folders of the server?

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A few things:

• Item-Level Recovery is not supported if the differencing virtual hard disk and base (parent) virtual hard disk are on different volumes.

• You cannot browse the mount points when you explore a virtual hard disk for Item-Level Recovery.
    • When you recover a virtual hard disk of a virtual machine that has Hyper-V checkpoints (formerly known as snapshots), the .avhdx files are not displayed in the Recoverable Items pane, but DPM recovers the parent virtual hard disk and all the associated .avhdx files.

Also note the following:

If you're protecting virtual machines that contain deduped volumes, you can't perform Item level recovery (ILR) from those VHD/VHDX files.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Friday, February 21, 2020 10:31 AM