Exchange 2010 - removing certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a test system, just about to enter production. Need to remove a previously issued Go Daddy certificate, that had:webmail.company.co.uk, autodiscover.company.co.uk, legacy.company.co.uk

with a new certificate containing: webmail.company.co.uk, autodiscover.company.co.uk, legacy.company.co.uk and exch2010.inside.local

Old cert has just been revoked, all services placed back on the original self signed certificate. What is the recommend approach? wait until new cert has been issued, complete pending cert request, assign services, highligh old cert and click remove?

Thanks,

Fizzmo

Monday, September 20, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi

Remove the "old" cert and then create a new CSR, request it from go daddy, wait for it and then install and assign the services to it

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog
    • Proposed as answer by Xiu Zhang Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fizzmo Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:19 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi

Remove the "old" cert and then create a new CSR, request it from go daddy, wait for it and then install and assign the services to it

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog
    • Proposed as answer by Xiu Zhang Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fizzmo Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:19 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hello Jonas.

I am having a similar issue with our exchange environment.  I renewed our CSR and completed the certificate from within IIS and it pushed itself to exchange.  It seemed like it worked but now when we go to exchange.domain.com/owa it says it was revoted.  Looked at the tools from within GoDaddy and it seems like the exchange cert is working on exchange.domain.ca but not exchange.domain.ca/owa. 

Any ideas?  The SSL cert we have is a wildcard renewal.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:45 PM