none
Group Policy

Question

• Hi,

I have created separate group policy" Group policy for wallpaper". But its not working.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Ramaiah C

Thursday, July 07, 2016 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The Wallpaper GPO looks setting correctly from the screenshot.

So have you tried the suggestions we provided from the original replies?

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ITRAMAIAH Friday, July 22, 2016 4:45 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you please provide the list of settings you used?

Most common issue is that you assign a file to be a wallpaper and this file is not present on the client.

Regards

Thursday, July 07, 2016 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

Have you either set the wall paper file to apply from a shared folder (with a UNC path) or copied the files to the configured folders on the client PCs?

Many Thanks,

Abhilash

Thursday, July 07, 2016 6:46 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the following things and confirm there is no issue:
    1. The group policy settings in the DC. Run GPRESULT/r and RSOP to check whether the GPO has been applied or not.
    2. The shared folder’s permission where you put the wallpaper.

You could try to delete the file %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpape and check if the issue persists. 

Besides, you could also change the file name with a shorter length to have a test.

Similar cases for your reference:

Group policy wallpaper not working in Windows 8

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54436f9f-2d41-4757-b811-c455f839b00f/group-policy-wallpaper-not-working-in-windows-8?forum=winserverGP

Problem with "Desktop Wallpaper" GPO Setting -> Not updating!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/42e2ad84-d921-4faa-afe9-ecd2c97a353b/problem-with-desktop-wallpaper-gpo-setting-not-updating?forum=winserverGP

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 08, 2016 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response in this.  i have attached screenshot for your reference. is same settings should be done in client machine as well?

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The Wallpaper GPO looks setting correctly from the screenshot.

So have you tried the suggestions we provided from the original replies?

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

• Marked as answer by ITRAMAIAH Friday, July 22, 2016 4:45 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 7:36 AM
  • Monday, July 11, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Please find attachment. Do i need to configure same in client machine or will push through server?
    Monday, July 11, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

If you applied domain group policy, then you do not need to apply the same local group policy.

Group Policy is processed in the following order:

Local Policy > Site GPO > Domain GPO > OU GPO > Child OU GPO (Child OU GPO Gets applied at last hence wins)

More information here:

Group Policy processing and precedence

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785665(v=ws.10).aspx

Order of processing settings

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778890(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:54 AM
  • Thank you ..Its working..But its not applying for all client at a time.

Some client machine is taking even 2 days..What is the best way to apply policy immediately.

Also ,I want to apply Screensaver..Now I have PPT format.. How can i use this ?In which format will support GP?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, July 22, 2016 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

By default, computer Group Policy is updated in the background every 90 minutes, with a random offset of 0 to 30 minutes. In addition to background updates, Group Policy for the computer is always updated when the system starts.

Please go through the following article to get more information about the Group Policy refresh interval:

Group Policy refresh interval for computers

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc940895.aspx

The issue seems to be caused by a delay in initializing network and locating domain controllers. Enabling "Always wait for the network at computer startupand logon" via group policy should resolve it as we need to give system more time to initiate network before proceeding with the logon process.

About your second question:

There is no unique file format for screensavers under the Microsoft Windows operating system. Rather, screen savers are simply executable files that have had their extension renamed from .EXE to .SCR so that Windows recognizes them as screensavers.

Regarding your requirement, you may refer to the following article:

How Use PowerPoint As a Screen Saver and Streamline Office Communication

http://www.presentationpoint.com/blog/use-powerpoint-presentation-as-screensaver/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:28 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. I have 3 pages in PPT ,but when i am making as JPEG it is splitting 3 pages.

So how can use..I want to use 3 pages in screensaver.

Is there any alternation either directly to use PPT or using conversion..

Thanks

Friday, July 22, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Hi,

It is not possible to use PPT directly as screensaver, you need to do some conversion following the article that mentioned in my last reply.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Monday, July 25, 2016 7:49 AM
  • Thank you for the valuable informations..
    Monday, July 25, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

It's my pleasure.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:05 AM