How to tell Windows Update to disregard a faulty driver? RRS feed

• Question

• I have had to install Windows 10 Technical Preview 9926 as a clean build, as the update build installs would rollback because of a driver error.(Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter)

The issue I am NOW having again with the Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter.

Windows Update is now trying to update the driver again but getting "Windows Update 0x800f0203 error ",it will see the driver update, try to install, but it will failed every time it try's install the driver update .

My question is how to tell Windows Update to disregard this faulty driver?

Friday, March 20, 2015 12:03 AM

Answers

• Tony

You cannot disable it for one driver but can disable it for all drivers

control panel>system settings>advanced system settings > Hardware tab at the top > Device installation settings >

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, March 20, 2015 12:52 AM
  • Same problem here,

Hewlett Packard Enterprise WSD Multi Function Printer, other hardware -NULL Print- HP Envy 5530 (driver)

gets error code 0x80070490 every time it tries to load. Then all the other drivers behind it default too. They stop the download. If the option to stall or ignore  that one download where available the next downloads would go as planned. 

The screenshot posted here overlooked one point......

The instructions I gave on the other thread was to "dot" Never install driver software from Windows Update.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:10 AM

All replies

• Tony

You cannot disable it for one driver but can disable it for all drivers

control panel>system settings>advanced system settings > Hardware tab at the top > Device installation settings >

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, March 20, 2015 12:52 AM
  • Same problem here,

Hewlett Packard Enterprise WSD Multi Function Printer, other hardware -NULL Print- HP Envy 5530 (driver)

gets error code 0x80070490 every time it tries to load. Then all the other drivers behind it default too. They stop the download. If the option to stall or ignore  that one download where available the next downloads would go as planned. 

Friday, March 20, 2015 1:55 AM
  • Same problem here,

The screenshot posted here overlooked one point......

The instructions I gave on the other thread was to "dot" Never install driver software from Windows Update.

Friday, March 20, 2015 2:10 AM
  • Doesn't work. Still downloads and fails to install a Realtek driver.
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 9:52 PM
  • Doesn't work. Still downloads and fails to install a Realtek driver.

No disrespect is intended. Just want to cover all bases......

Did you click Save Changes ?

Sunday, March 22, 2015 9:56 PM