2 BSOD ¿Sound Problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Windows 7 Pro x64. All is ok, but when I "stress" the CPU (loading a game, opening multiple tabs in web browser) the sound makes a distorsion, sounds like metallic for a few secondos. 

I have the latest drivers (Realtek 2.49) for my audio chip (ALC882). I dont know what i can do for fix this.

Yesterday, when i started to use windows 7 for first time, i had two BSOD.

First

BugcheckCode 10
        BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa7f9fffffe0
        BugcheckParameter2 0x2
        BugcheckParameter3 0x1
        BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff80002abe209
        SleepInProgress false
        PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Second

BugcheckCode 10
        BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa631fffffe0
        BugcheckParameter2 0x2
        BugcheckParameter3 0x1
        BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff80002b17209
        SleepInProgress false
        PowerButtonTimestamp

Minidump files

Please, HELP!

Thursday, July 8, 2010 8:13 PM

Answers

• You reported details of two bugchecks that were quite similar - bugcheck IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0xa) - caused when code running in the kernel in the MmZeroPageThread function tried to write to the same offset at an inappropriate time.

The dumps don't show that you had many third-party drivers loaded, and there do not appear to be any stale drivers.

I'd be curious as to the behavior with NOD32 uninstalled (not just disabled - uninstalled). I'm aware that others run this software with no problems, but I believe it would be good to eliminate it from consideration.

Your BIOS is also from October 12, 2007 - check for an update to your BIOS and install it.

Else, you may wish to run through some of the following general guidance for dealing with bluescreens:

Consider running chkdsk on all partitions.  Let chkdsk complete on each partition and see if that helps.

Also consider running SFC /SCANNOW.

It can be helpful to use Driver Verifier.  To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings->Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out of the dialog.

Then, reboot and use the system as you normally would, and wait for a problem.  In the event that the system does not boot completely after enabling driver verifier, boot into Safe Mode and run driver verifier, and tell it to delete the changes.

Wait for a bugcheck to occur after enabling verifier as described, and then upload the dump to your SkyDrive, and provide a link.

If you boot into safe mode, do you still experience bugchecks? What about if you do a clean boot, or device clean boot?

Consider testing memory with Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86. Note that memory that passes tests is not necessarily good memory - it just hasn't failed a test.  Consider systematically eliminating RAM from the system - run with a couple of modules for a while, and see how things go. Then try the other modules.

Other common suggestions include ensuring drivers are up to date, as well as ensuring that you're using the latest BIOS. 

Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:02 PM