SharePoint 2007 site permissions missing Create Subsites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a permission level which allows the user to manage the site but prevents them from creating any subsites.

I've two systems both running MOSS 2007 (enterprise licence), however on one of the systems I cannot see "Create Subsites" in the list of site permissions.

Does anyone know why this option won't be available and if so what I could do to make it available so I can ensure it's switched off for this permission level.

Thanks

DiaGeordie

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:35 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:20 AM

Answers

• Found the problem, Under Central administration I'd unticked the Create Subsites in the User Permissions for web application hence it was showing up under Site actions site permissions.
    • Marked as answer by DiaGeordie Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:28 AM

All replies

• Found the problem, Under Central administration I'd unticked the Create Subsites in the User Permissions for web application hence it was showing up under Site actions site permissions.
    • Marked as answer by DiaGeordie Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:28 AM
  • Hi DiaGeodrie,

Thanks for your sharing. Welcome to the forum again.

Thanks,

Wayne Fan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:08 AM