foxpro .dbf database error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,

I have a client, who received an error message when Foxpro application initiated, Foxpro v9.0 error msg: "Unrecognized Database Format". 

My client reported, that he have had a power failure and the problem appeared after he rebooted PC.

It appears that foxpro database corruption caused by power failure.

Any suggestions, friends...
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello folks,

I have a client, who received an error message when Foxpro application initiated, Foxpro v9.0 error msg: "Unrecognized Database Format". 

My client reported, that he have had a power failure and the problem appeared after he rebooted PC.

It appears that foxpro database corruption caused by power failure.

Any suggestions, friends...

Charles

Have you tried the usual route, restoring from a backup?

If you don’t have backups (very naughty), I don’t know if the Foxpro forums still exist but you need to contact someone who deals with it, who may well have some sort of ‘repair’ program.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians give the rest a bad name!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:16 AM
  • Try opening the .dbf file in Excel or other program that supports opening the .dbf format.

Once opened in Excel you should be able to view the file, delete any "bad data", and resave to a new name (with the .dbf extension).

Also possible to create a new table with the structure of the old table, append records from the old to the new. May salvage records until the corruption is encountered.

Another methods contains referred links and might be effective in case manual ways cant help you..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60b6a027-7a6b-4971-8e2a-b2d424c86dc8/the-problem-with-dbf-files?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious - a lot of different opinions and solutions connected with .DBF databases
    https://dbf.recoverytoolbox.com/ - (Recovery Toolbox for DBF) - restores dbase, clipper and foxpro .dbf databases
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:57 AM