none
default home page for all users not working - IEAK 11 with Windows 10 1607 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Technet, I am trying to set the default home for all users page in IE 11 using the IEAK11 tool, but it is not working in Windows 10 1607. The home page does not update or change from the default msn.com no matter what I do. I have tried using both a custom configuration and full install using the settings "windows 8.1 64 bit" and "windows 8.1 32 bit".

Any thoughts on how to correct this or maybe configure this a different way? I would like to allow users to change the home page afterwards and prefer not to use a local group policy to enforce it. Also, we do not use the domain group policy for default home page yet, but we are just trying to change it for new deployments using SCCM, not for everyone currently in production.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would suggest using either Group Policy to force the home page or Group Policy Preferences to set a default page for the users. 

Scripts typically only touch computers that are powered on and are on the network.

Using GPO will ensure that all computers receive the desired setting.

If you would like assistance with the GPO, please stop by the Group Policy forum. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverGP

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:19 AM
  • if I set a group policy preference, will that change the home page of everyone who currently has their own custom home page set?

Is there a way to do it for just new computers so I dont get a ton of phone calls :)

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:42 PM
  • i agree that group policy is probably a better approach, but my goal is to set the default home page for all users on my windows 10 base image for future deployments, which I cannot get to work.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 1:23 PM
  • Has anyone had success using the IEK11 tool in windows 10 to set the default homepage? I have seen maybe one post on the googles that says it has worked by selecting windows 8.1 x64, but no other mentions of it
    Friday, November 11, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:11 AM
  • I think we're all set. I did not resolve the problem with the IEAK11 which did not work on several windows 10 computers, but we are going to implement the GPO during winter break. Thanks for the tip sir.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:10 PM
  • OK, we are looking forward to your good news:)

Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:26 AM