Tasks started late RRS feed

• Question

• I have a set of admin tasks set to run overnight, such as backing up key files, opening key apps and webpages, tidying up old files, etc. These have been set to run at various times from 1am to 7am.Recently I have found that these tasks have not run when I start using the PC in the morning. However, they all start to run soon after I start using the PC, which causes a few issues. I'm running Vista with all the latest patches.

I've tried to look at what might be causing this. I found that the taskeng process is running at "Below Normal" priority, and tried upping it to "Normal", but it is reset by Vista during the day. Is there any way to keep the priority at "Normal" (and would this help?). I noticed that all the tasks started are "Below Normal" too, but can't find a way to up their priority either in Task Scheduler or via the cmd prompt. However, the tasks aren't even started when I look in the morning, so I don't think that's the issue.

The PC is running the BOINC software overnight, but all it's processes are run at "Low" priority, so they shouldn't interfere. I have been running BOINC for a while, and this problem has only surfaced recently. Could a recent patch cause this behaviour?

Sunday, May 9, 2010 8:19 AM