none
"Show scheduling messages" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I wanna know what "show scheduling messages" is for?...I mean when I was looking for an answer people always said it was a warning for scheduling inconsistencies....please help me to understand this tool better, I dont know, showing me the message that appears when I turn this tool on. Because the message of the planning wizzard appears even if I have this box off.

Friday, August 23, 2019 4:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Anna17,

I always understood this to be as you describe and it works for me.  So when I have a constrained task with a Must Finish On and link this to a predecessor that finishes after the MSO constraint on the successor, I get the Planning Wizard displayed IF the Planning Advice in enabled in the settings, but I don't get the wizard if it is disabled.   There was a bug years ago with checking the checkbox which says "Don't tell me about this again" in the Planning Wizard dialogue box had inconsistent results, where I don't think you could turn it back on again regardless of what the settings were for the file.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:31 PM
  • Hi Ben,

You mention the bug from years ago where if you checked the box "Don't tell me about this again" you couldn't turn it back on again. I have hit that recently and I am running Microsoft Project Online Desktop Client. Do you know of any way to get the original message back (that let's you choose "Continue" or "Accept Scheduling Conflict"? I have tried turning on all message and warning options in File/Options and can't get it to come back in that format with the options. I do training and need to be able to show what the user will see.

Thanks for any help!!

Bridget Fleming

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:39 PM
  • Hi Bridget,  I would suspect it's time to edit the registry.  Here is a screen shot of what I suspect is the right setting in the registry, and my corresponding settings in MS Project.  

Please do let us know how you get on.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:00 AM