Passing KPI Display Name to Analytic Chart without a Parameter RRS feed

• Question

• I have a series of KPIs in a scorecard that I want to make clickable so that they will filter an analytic chart on the dashboard.  Is there a way to pass in the KPI: Display Name to the chart by using the Formula Editor?  I'm able to achieve this by using Custom MDX and creating a parameter to pass it to, but I want to keep the Drilling Options.  The reason why I'm creating multiple KPIs that will all be passed to one single parameter (in this case a Product Type), is because the users want the ability to set different indicator ranges for each Product Type.

I'm developing in PPS 2007.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

• Not sure exactly what your KPI names are, but assuming that they are your metrics that you are analyzing like say Sales, Profit, Quantity, etc. you can definitely set this up.  What you will want to do is add a Custom Property to the KPI in the Properties tab.  This is where you will store the member name information that will be needed by the Analytical Report and configure with an endpoint to make the report change its content dynamically based on the KPI you click on.

Here are some guides and examples that will walk you through this process:

Passing Context from Scorecards to other Report Views

Link an item in a scorecard to an analytic report using Dashboard Designer 

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by cstubbs10 Monday, April 11, 2011 2:29 PM
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 12:16 PM